I wanted to drop a quick line to let y'all know that I haven't disappeared. Quite the opposite, actually. I went to the FoodBloogForum Conference at Disney World in Orlando over St. Patrick's Day Weekend and I was so inspired. I have so many great ideas for this blog and my other blog, The Culinary Vampire.
|Fuzzy picture of almost all of the desserts for the opening reception.|
There has been some behind the scenes work going on for both of the blogs and I have several posts in the works, including a recap of FoodBlogForum Orlando (which will probably be on The Culinary Vampire).
In the meantime, I wanted to share a link love post with a round up of all the different recipes or interesting things I've found recently. I usually share them as I find them on my personal Facebook page, but I wanted to have them all in one place. I plan on making these posts a somewhat regular feature. What do you think?
- Easy, peasy Momofuku Cinnamon Bun Pie from averie cooks using premade cinnamon roll dough. This much easier, dumb-down version is dangerous, people - dan.ger.ous.
- Ice cream sandwiches with candied bacon from livelovepasta. Be still my heart...
- Frito Jets from Bluebonnets and Brownies. Not technically a dessert, but it's salty-sweet, so that counts as dessert in my book.
- Orange roll pull apart bread from Two Tiny Kitchens. I love anything orange.
- These caramel pecan buns from What's Cookin', Chicago kinda make me want to lick my computer screen.
- Crunchy.Biscoff.Spread. Oh Ma Gaw! I have a slight addiction to Biscoff spread.
- Basil simple syrup and honey coriander simple syrup from Design*Sponge. I am thinking these would be great bases for sorbet.
- Dairy free coconut pots de creme from Can't live without... I always delight in finding something that's -free (dairy, gluten, soy, corn, egg, etc.) looks so good that the missing ingredient isn't even noticed.